Angela Bongat has spent her career defending clients in a wide range of disputes, from general civil litigation and construction defect cases to product liability and catastrophic injury claims. She represents clients in several industries, including construction contractors, oil services companies, automotive manufacturers, transportation companies, medical/pharmaceutical manufacturers, physicians, and property owners. In addition to handling matters in all phases of litigation, Angela assists clients with negotiating non-compete agreements and employment contracts.
Before joining Alvarez Stauffer Bremer PLLC, Angela practiced with Hartine Dacus Barger Dreyer, LLP and Lightfoot Franklin & White LLP.
Angela enjoys spending time with her family and performing as a soprano with the Houston Symphony Chorus. Angela is an active supporter of local animal rescue groups and the Texas Humane Legislation Network, a charitable organization committed to ending animal cruelty.
- Texas, 2004
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 2004
- University of Houston
- B.S. - 2001
- Major: Psychology
- Minor: Biology
- Harris County District Attorney's Office Child Abuse Division, Intern
- Animal Law Section of the Houston Bar Association, Secretary
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Secured a dismissal and an award of sanctions and attorney’s fees for a transportation company in a personal injury claim.
- Effectively negotiated a settlement in a commercial dispute for a national distributor of carbon and alloy mechanical tubing.
- Successfully settled a matter involving a minor plaintiff’s allegations that he sustained a traumatic brain injury.
- Defended a global surgical device company in product liability cases involving allegedly defective pelvic mesh.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment relating to a complex bankruptcy issue for a steel manufacturing company.
- Obtained a favorable verdict for an employer in a wrongful termination case.
- Investigated and defended numerous trucking claims for a Fortune 100 beverage company.
- Defended a rope mooring distributor in a commercial transaction claim arising from damages related to Hurricane Ike
- Obtained summary judgment for a GPS manufacturer in a lawsuit where Plaintiff alleged the client’s services led to her kidnapping and injuries.
- Represented multiple physicians during employment contract negotiations.